The hot summer season is coming and soon the cold winter will take over. Though it may excite some who certainly love the warmth of summer or the cold winter breeze, it may also bring worries, especially to homeowners thinking about their A/C and heating units. During these extreme seasons, A/C and heating units are often utilized far beyond their capacity and so making them prone to damage. Repairing and replacing broken A/C and heating units may cost you a lot of time and money. Thankfully this problem has one easy solution, a home warranty plan.
To put it simply a home warranty is a service contract. Depending on the company and the plan offered, it covers the expenses or cost of replacing and repairing broken systems and appliances in your home. All that is required from you is to pay the monthly or annual cost of your chosen plan. Once something needs repair or replacement, you simply have to make a claim for the damaged system or appliance. A technician will be sent straight to your home to repair or replace the said unit. The quality and speed of service, coverage of plans, cost and expenses, and other factors may vary with different companies.
Not all home warranty companies include A/C and heating units under their plans. The coverage of plans varies depending on the company that offers them. Also, there are certain occasions wherein A/C and heating units are not covered, despite them being included in your chosen plan.
These details and information must be checked thoroughly to make sure that the systems and appliances you need to be covered are indeed included in your chosen plan before you decide to sign up. It is also of great importance to ask for a sample copy of the policies applied to the home warranty service before you decide to purchase a plan.
If an A/C or heating unit stops working due to deterioration over being used for a long period or if some of its parts were worn out and need replacement, then in most cases, it will be covered by a home warranty plan.
However, in instances, wherein the A/C or heating unit looks to be subjected to improper maintenance, has unfamiliar damages, was not properly installed, or the damage was caused by a pre-existing condition, the warranty provider may turn down the request of the customer to replace or repair the damaged system or appliance.
A/C and heating units are essential in maintaining a normal temperature inside the home especially in seasons such as summer and winter wherein temperature may rise or drop considerably. Having a faulty A/C or heating unit is a big problem especially in harsh seasons and weather. This is why it is great to have a home warranty plan that will ensure that your systems and appliance are in good condition through all kinds of circumstances. It is certainly a much better idea than to live in a house freezing in the winter months or swelter a lot inside your own house in the heat of summer.
Availing a home warranty plan saves you from a lot of problems. An appliance or system breaking or getting damaged during the most inconvenient of times as well as the cost of repair or replacement will even be out of your things to worry about.
Investing in a home warranty plan makes a lot of sense and difference. You can even choose from the vast number of different plans each home warranty company has to offer. It saves time, money, and also it also saves you from stress.
The processes of filing a claim are as follows:
1. Decide first on which home warranty company and offered plan you want to avail. Tons of companies are out there offering plans covering different varieties of appliances and systems, which may suit different needs.
2. If you find out that something is broken and needs repairing or replacement, you can submit a claim following the details that your home warranty company provides in your plan. This can usually be done through email or phone.
3. A local technician will be chosen and sent by the home warranty company, as they arrange a suitable appointment with you.
4. The technician sent by the home warranty company will arrive and you will be required to pay a small amount as a service fee.
5. The technician will repair your damaged appliance or system. If a replacement is required, you will be ordered a replacement for the said appliance or system without additional charges.
Different home warranty companies offer different plans that cover a wide range of appliances and systems inside your home. Therefore, these plans would come at varying prices. $30 to $50 is the common price of a monthly plan while annual plans usually cost around $300 to $600.
Service fee averages around $60 for most companies. This is for every appliance or system that has to be repaired and must be paid to the contractor upon their arrival. The given amount is simply an average inside the home warranty industry. Some companies may charge a little bit less or more.
• Each plan is transferrable 100% which is perfect for people who are planning to sell a house. It enables them to transfer the home warranty plan to the new owner/s before the plan expires
• Customer satisfaction is reportedly high towards their customer service
• The first month of subscription in all of the plans offered by Choice Home Warranty is completely free
• They have a call center which enables you to contact them thru the phone any time of the day
• Equipment or systems inside your home that is commercial grade are not covered in your plan
• You should be aware of certain exclusions in their plans before considering purchasing them such as issues that are mainly caused by rust or surges in electric current.
As one of the well-established home warranty companies out there, it is not surprising that Choice Home Warranty has a vast base of customers that have stuck with them for a long time due to their good customer service. Choice Home Warranty is a brand that will certainly pass your standards with flying colors in terms of customer service and cost-efficient premium.
This brand is most certainly ideal for realtors, landlords, and even homeowners that are planning to sell their homes. Purchasing a plan that is 100% transferrable saves you from a lot of work and hassle, as it allows you to transfer smoothly the home warranty plan to new homeowners.
• Aside from a $100 discount on any home warranty plan, they also give you 2 extra months for free when you avail of any of their new plans
• The limits of the home warranty are completely and clearly stated
• Any of your questions are gladly welcomed and answered in their very own online chat facility
• You can make a claim through whatever way is available and convenient for you
• Items that were previously repaired are not
• The value of coverage of their plans are limited in the first three months of the subscription
The plans offered by Select Home Warranty is absolutely ideal for homeowners that look for home warranty plans that cover a wide range of systems and appliance but at the same time comes with an affordable price. It also offers great convenience for customers as they can make claims with ease and so giving them more time for other tasks and make their day even more productive.
The plans offered by Select Home Warranty are perfect and best suited for people that have just bought a fresh new home of which systems and appliances have yet to undergo any repair, replacement, and maintenance.
• Available to view on their website are extensive sample contracts that contain in great detail important information such as pay-out amount limitations, limits of coverage, and buyer’s responsibilities, among others.
• Unlike other home warranty companies, First American Home Warranty plans may cover problems that or are caused by corrosion, rust, sediment, lack of maintenance, and in some areas, pest control.
• First American Home Warranty also makes listing coverage available for sellers
• Elements that are not in the scope of coverage of their offered plans are clearly stated and highlighted in the sample policy
• In regular business hours, it takes only 4 hours for the company to dispatch repair jobs to service contractors which is fast and efficient
• The service fee charged by the First American Home Warranty company is considerably higher at 75 dollars in comparison to the home warranty industry average that is at 60 dollars
• Beverage dispensers, ice makers, ice crusher, and their respective equipment can and will only be repaired, or replaced on other occasions when parts of the said appliances are readily available.
The plans offered by the First American Home Warranty are most certainly suited for people or homeowners who are searching for home warranty policies that combine fast quality service with vast service coverage.
The lower premium offered by the First American Home Warranty will also certainly benefit people that are currently living in mobile homes, townhouses, or condominiums.
• Technicians are generally pre-screened professionals that also live within the local vicinity of the customers which makes deployment easier and faster
• Any homeowner can certainly afford the plans offered by Total Home Protection as their monthly and annual plans are built to fit the different household budgets
• Total Home Protection is also very generous to offer you a 50 dollars discount. Aside from that, the first month of your subscription to any of their plans are completely free
• You can contact them and ask for customer support and they will gladly entertain you and answer your questions all around the clock. You can also try their live chat functionality to communicate with them even easier and much smoother
• Further details about the plans the Total Home Protection offer and their respective prices are buried deep inside their website and it may be a little inconvenient and time consuming to search for this information.
Fast and comprehensive coverage on their plans at a very affordable price is certainly the name of the game for Total Home Protection. Anyone who needs assurance that their help on repairs and replacements are just one call away but are also on a tight budget will certainly love Total Home Protection’s 24/7 support as well as their affordably low trade-service fee.
Every household has different budgets and requirements for warranty coverage. Make sure to choose wisely and utilize the information provided above to choose the suitable home warranty plan that covers A/C and heating systems. It is not just money that you save, but time, effort. Your stress and worries will be reduced simply by investing in a home warranty plan. The peace of mind you are looking for is now in the palm of your hands.